The BSS I-Care activities offer members the opportunity of contributing to community service in collaboration with IWA’s partner organisation, Beyond Social Services.
Beyond Social Services (known as BSS or simply Beyond) is a charity dedicated to helping children, youth and families from less privileged backgrounds break away from the poverty cycle. It provides guidance, care and resources that enable low income families and communities to keep their young people in school and prevent delinquency. It also helps the women in these communities empower themselves by acquiring monetizable skills and building self-confidence.
IWA BSS members volunteer their time, effort and skills to organise, conduct and participate in activities primarily focused on children and women. Volunteering opportunities include:
• Enrichment activities for children – recycling art, health & hygiene, diya painting etc.
• Outings for children – Botanic Gardens, Acres, Kidzania etc
• Mobilising donations-in-kind, sorting & packing donated items, manning flea market tables during BSS fundraisers
• Employable or monetizable skills for mothers – baking, marketing their products, improving self-confidence etc
It is indeed a great way to meet like-minded fellow volunteers and pool in our time and skills effectively, to make a difference!
In 2020 we aim to focus more on programmes to empower the women in the target community. If you have skills in
* Designing & making handmade novelties
* Packaging and gift-wrapping
* Social media storefront design & marketing
* Food & product photography
* Communication and presentation skills
* Self-help & motivation
* Other employable/monetizable ideas
Please join us in helping these women uplift themselves and their families.